Finally...

I had surgery on my right foot, my posterior tibial tendon was repaired. Sound painful? It's not too bad other than I will be DOWN with no weight on my foot for 6 weeks, and then I'll be in a boot for another 6 weeks! But not even surgery can keep me down!!

I have this handy little scooter that gets me around. Tamra was trying to take my picture but I whizzed by yelling "I'm faster than you think!"


It's been fun, the grandkids come over and play with (and fight over) the scooter. I have had amazing help and support from my family and my friends. So much attention it almost embarrasses me. Thanks to everyone!!

9 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm glad you have lots of help! I hope you heal quickly and are back to doing things scooter-free! Love you!

Becca said...

Oh mom you look so cute on your scooter and I won't forget when you tried to run me over....not cool. :)

The Todd's said...

Cute pic mom! I'm sure you'll be all over updating your blog now that don't have much else to do. :)

tamrandfamily said...

ha ha grandma you are pretty dang fast on that scooter. hope you are up and better soon.

Madalyn :)

Dellany Higby said...

You make that scooter look GOOD!! Hope your recovery goes well, and as quick as possible.

Barbara said...

OK thanks a lot Pat! You just had to look so good after surgery... and now I'm going to go put some makeup on! Barbara and I are sending hugs your way. love you, Doe

matt and sarah said...

You look so cute mom! It cracks me up seeing you on the scooter.

Michelle said...

I found your blog! (since I forgot to get it from you before you left the salon the other day) :) So cute! I love it. What a cute picture of your whole family up at the top. Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. I love your costume!... Your toes looks so cute in your cast :). That scooter thing is awesome! Hope your foot/ankle continues to get better quickly. It was so good seeing you the other day :). If you want me to add you to be able to view my blog email me your email address to michelletrujillo1@gmail.com and I'll add you... Oh one more thing (sorry this is so long!) I wanted to say thanks so much for that cute bracelet! I love it and it even goes with my work colors! Thank you, you are so sweet! :)

Lauren said...

Scooters aren't bad! If I were you I'd take full advantage of being able to scoot around--like you can have races with people at the supermarket and you'll win because your scooter is faster than their shopping carts...that's what I'd do!